Patrick (PJ) McGinnis
Patrick (PJ) McGinnis is a family law attorney practicing in Chester, Montgomery, Delaware, and Bucks counties who focuses his practice on all aspects of divorce, equitable distribution, alimony, APL/spousal support, child support, custody, protection from abuse matters, name changes, preparation and enforcement of property settlement agreements, prenuptial agreements, and postnuptial agreements.
PJ additionally provides services as guardian ad litem for children in Montgomery and Chester counties.
PJ first started working at a family law firm during his senior year of high school and has not turned back since. Throughout all his years of schooling at F&M College and Villanova Law, PJ continued to develop his passion for complex family law matters and clientele by working alongside seasoned litigators in the Greater Philadelphia area. As an attorney, PJ handles a variety of divorce, custody, and support cases, and is always mindful of each client’s individual circumstances, family dynamics, and needs.
In addition to family law services, PJ enjoys representing adults and minor children through the legal name change process. Changing one’s name is often a special and important time for people, and PJ takes pride in helping his clients navigate the court procedures and hearing before a judge.
PJ was born and raised in Montgomery County and continues to maintain close ties to the local community. PJ is an avid equestrian and chose to attend college in Lancaster, PA so that he would be within driving distance of the stable where he could ride his horse in Chester County. During high school and college, PJ was an active equestrian and traveled across the nation to compete in hunter/jumper competitions. Although he has taken a pause from competing for now, he still travels to horse shows and spectates to support his friends and family along the east coast. Luckily, PJ’s favorite competition in the country is located right in our back yard at the Devon Horse Show, in Devon, PA.
Community Involvement and Awards
- Member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association, Family Law Section.
- Member of the Family Law Sections of the Chester and Montgomery County Bar Associations.
- Member of the Young Lawyers Section of the Montgomery County Bar Association and Co-Chair of the Community Service Committee
- Member of the Doris Jonas Freed American Inn of Court and Co-Chair of Community Outreach
- Child Advocate with Montgomery Child Advocacy Project (MCAP) in Norristown, PA
- Volunteer Attorney with Women’s Resource Center in Wayne, PA
- Co-Chair of the 2023 Toby L. Dickman Seminar; Montgomery County Bar Family Law Section
- Member of the Pennsylvania Bar
- Juris Doctorate – Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law in 2018
- Bachelor’s Degree – Business/Marketing – Franklin and Marshall College in 2015